The Camphill Movement was the subject of an interview between Dan McKanan and Christian Goodwillie from Communes USA. Communes USA is a podcast exploring intentional communities and communitarian movements throughout US history. Dan McKanan is the Ralph Waldo Emerson Unitarian Universalist Senior Lecturer at Harvard Divinity School and author of Camphill and the Future: Spirituality and Disability in an Evolving Communal Movement. You can listen to the episode below, and to learn more about other communal movements in US history subscribe to Communes USA.
The aims of the Network are to:
- Host an up-to-date and comprehensive bibliography and library of existing research on Camphill, including academic papers, research reports and dissertations;
- Facilitate contact and communication between people interested in conducting or supporting Camphill-related research;
- Provide a forum for discussion and the exchange of ideas related to research on Camphill and other intentional communities;
- Build capacity for research projects within Camphill and in collaboration with other groups and organisations;
- Raise the profile and increase understanding of the work and practices of intentional communities, by fostering greater communication, transparency and critical reflection.